We love caring for our guests with excellent food and delicious wines. However, we also believe it is essential to manage your data and store and handle your privacy with the utmost care. In this privacy statement, you can read how we work, what information we collect, and how we protect and use your data carefully. If you have any questions, or if you want to know what information we keep on you, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect your data?
We have different ways that we get information in the first place. Direct from you – if you send us an email with a question or make a reservation online through our website and reservation system, we collect the following data:
- Your name, date of reservation, time of reservation, number of guests, email address, telephone number, allergens, and other comments (such as a birthday or other special occasion).
- Financial data for when settled on the invoice would also include address and payment data (such as debit card or Mastercard, Visa, Amex).
How and why do we use this data?
Putaine can use your data for the following purposes.
- For the fulfillment of our agreement, for example, after making a reservation.
- A legal obligation, e.g., Having financial records in order and saving those for 7 years.
- For our legitimate business interests, for example, to send emails, such as booking confirmations and a reminder of your reservation.
Your data will not be used for purposes other than those mentioned above. If you no longer wish to receive messages, you can easily unsubscribe via email.
How long do we keep your data?
We do not store your data longer than necessary for the purposes described above. To give some examples: after your dinner, the information on the reservation will be deleted. However, data such as staff files or financial data of payments on invoices are kept longer due to legal obligations.
Automated decision making
Putaine does not make decisions based on automated processing (algorithms) that can have adverse consequences for you.
Putaine sharing of personal data with third parties
We share your data with third parties if necessary for the fulfillment of the agreement and to comply with possible legal obligations. We signed a data processing agreement (DPA) with companies that process your data on our behalf to guarantee the same level of security and safeguard your data confidentiality. We remain responsible for these processes. The data processing agreement (DPA) also obliges these parties not to use the date we provided for other purposes or in different ways than agreed.
The third parties
We use the following suppliers who process personal data on behalf of Putaine with whom we have a data processing agreement (DPA), such as the services of reservation. Restaurant (reservation tool), Google, Microsoft, WordPress, and Mollie.
The technical and organizational measures that we use
Putaine ensures that your data is safe. Only those persons for whom it is necessary under their function will have access to users’ data. We have taken appropriate and adequate technical measures, and these are regularly updated to ensure that data is protected. Please note: the internet is never 100% secure. Make sure you also take the necessary security measures yourself and never provide your password to someone else. If you feel that your data is not perfectly protected or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via email@example.com
Changes to the privacy statement
When the website or our working method changes, we sometimes need to change the privacy statement. Please pay attention to the date on top of this document and regularly check for later versions. We will do our best to announce changes via mail.
View and change your data
If you have questions or want to know what personal data we have about you, you can always contact us. You always have the right to:
- Get an explanation of what personal data we have and what we do with it.
- Access to the precise personal data that we have.
- The correction of errors.
- The removal of outdated personal data.
- Withdrawal of permission to process your personal data.
- Object to a certain use of your personal data.
Please note that you always clearly state who you are so that we know that we will not change or delete data of the wrong person. Never send your id without covering your passport photo and social security number (BSN).
Questions or feedback
To file a complaint
If you believe that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to submit a complaint to the regulator. This is called the Dutch data protection authority. On www.autoriteitspersoongegevens.nl you can read more and learn how to submit a complaint.
If you look around the Putaine website, “cookies” are placed. These cookies are small files that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. There are different types of cookies: functional, analytical, and tracking cookies. Below you can find a brief explanation of the different types of cookies that we place.
These are the cookies that are required to run the website. Putaine has the following functional cookies:
- _icl_visitor_lang_js / functional cookie that tells in which language the browser is set. / saved for 1 day
- wpml_browser_redirect_test / functional cookie that returns the browser in the correct language. / saved for 1 year
Analytical cookies are used to understand how the website is used, acquire knowledge about visitors’ interests, improve the site, and make it more user-friendly constantly. Putaine uses the following analytical cookies:
- _ga / analytical cookie of google analytics. / saved for 1 year
- _gid / analytical cookie of google analytics to distinguish between users of the website. / saved for 1 year
Tracking cookies are cookies of third parties, among others, that follow which other websites you are on. These cookies allow these parties to see what interests you have and to give you targeted offers. No tracking cookies are on the site of Putaine. Disable cookies most browsers are set by default to accept cookies. Still, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox en Safari). Also, you can delete all information via your browser settings.